Monday, September 29, 2008

A place that makes sense


I wanted to pass along this great article by Bill McKibben I found in the Christian Century.  It's about a community close to Stockholm that is virtually waste free.  I like the idea of putting my bananna peels in a pneumatic tube that whooshes them away into some community compost pile.  That sounds like a lot of fun.  It reminds me of the laundry shoot that my friend Brandon and I used to send our He-men down at his house.   That's why I wanted to live in a two story house--so I could have a luandry shoot.  So far, the dream remains a dream.  

1 comment:

  1. The Joyland Amusement Park in Wichita, KS had a pneumatic trash system. They receptacles were shaped like a pig's head and you put the trash into the mouth.
    http://www.rememberjoyland.com/media/MyJoylandPics/IMG_0159-1.jpg

    ReplyDelete