Sunday, June 01, 2008

RIP Back to the Future Set and Bihops Schnase's book

Lamentations! Sounds like the Universal studios burned. As an honorary resident of Hill Valley, I mourn today.

Also--I started a sermon series and book study of the "Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations," which OK Conf. has used as a foundation of its strategic plan for all local churches. The study tonight had about 8 discuss Radical Hospitality. It was a great conversation, and the folks had some good insights into our church. I'm looking forward to the rest of the conversation.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:31 PM

    Nathan,
    I'm glad the first discussion of Five Practices went well. There's also a website, FivePractices.org that has some resources and stories and study guides. I hope you'll feel free to contribute your own story of new ministries stimulated by the Five Practices. Blessing, R Schnase
    PS. Sorry about the fire...Back to the Future was a family favorite here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Bishop. I had found the resource and used it to help prepare for my own sermon series.

    By the way, the title of this post is a non-sequitur. Your book is very much alive!

    ReplyDelete